Effective date: 1 January 2020
Apna Ghar (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.apnaghar.co.uk/ website (the “Service”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
All your Personal Data shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of personal data. If you want to know what Personal Data we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights as set out below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and / or your business (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Company name
- Email address (personal and business)
- Phone number (personal and business)
- Address, city, county, postcode (personal and business)
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Company website details (including passwords and other data)
You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by registering as to use our Service or subscribing to receive updates or offers from us.
- By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses
- Through any preferences and areas of interest as advised by you on subscribing to our online services;
- By Information provided when you use our mobile optimised website from your portable hand-held device including details of your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time, by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails or by contacting us directly.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Apna Ghar uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Apna Ghar may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Apna Ghar may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Apna Ghar
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The legal basis for processing your information
- Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process your Personal Data are the following:
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your Personal Data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your Information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your Personal Data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your Information protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, notifying of changes to our Service, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about related and relevant properties and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in a particular way.
Security of data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Clients of Apna Ghar
Apna Ghar aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Apna Ghar. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
To the extent that we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing via the link provided in any direct marketing communication or contacting us at the email address set out above. You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the email address set out above. You can exercise your rights free of charge. Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers” or “Data Processors”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
In order to provide certain services, we will share your Personal Data with third party service providers such as IT infrastructure companies and email logistics / marketing automation providers. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party where it is not necessary to do so to provide a service to you.
- Email logistics / automation provider: MailChimp
- Website development: We may need to provide website FTP access to our trusted development parties. The FTP access is restricted to their IP address and only provide during the course of the development process.
New business owners
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your Personal Data with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such an event.
Links to other websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Making a complaint
If you are unhappy about our use of your Information, you can contact us at the link above. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF